Time is running out for bike riders who want to take part in the cycling holiday of a lifetime: The RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride.
The week-long premier bike ride goes from 26 November to 4 December 2011, and this year features the Murray River and Goldfields regions of Victoria.
Darren Allen, Bicycle Network Victoria's Event Manager said: “This year bike riders have the opportunity to see the mighty Murray River, enjoy Echuca’s paddle steamers and boating history, explore historic gold towns and wash down the experience with a visit to winery along the route”.
"People come on the RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride for a variety of reasons, some to recapture their youth, others to escape the stresses of day to day life, a few believe that their figures might improve, whilst everyone enjoys the unique social atmosphere of the event. There is just no better way to meet people," Mr Allen added.
Organised by Bicycle Network Victoria, the 590 kilometer cycling holiday will feature four days of bike riding along the Murray River from Swan Hill, a rest day in Echuca and a further four days through the goldfields before riding triumphantly into Castlemaine.
In 2011 there are a range of options to suit all bike riders.
• 9 day RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride from Swan Hill to Castlemaine (590kms)
• 3 day RACV Mighty Murray Ride from Swan Hill to Barham. 26 – 28 Nov (200kms)
• 3 day RACV Goldfields Ride from Boort to Castlemaine. 2 – 4 Dec (180kms)
• 1 day RACV Great Vic Loop, Swan Hill, 26 Nov (54kms)
• 1 day RACV Great Vic Finale, Maryborough to Castlemaine, 4 Dec (53kms)
Public inquiries: People wanting more information can visit www.greatvic.com.au or call 1800 616 600
· The nine-day ride is a fully catered, tent-based holiday. There is extensive back up including luggage transport, a licensed cafe under canvas, massage, full medical team, and bicycle repair facilities.
· The Entry fee for the 9-day ride is $935 for adults, $699 for children under 18, $399 for under 13 years and free for 5 and under. After 2 November prices rise $100.
· The Entry fee for the 3 day (RACV Mighty Murray and RACV Goldfields) ride is $525 for adults, $399 for children under 18, $249 for under 13 years and free for 5 and under. After 2 November prices rise $100.
CADEL EVANS RODE THIS CHARITY RIDE AS A BOY!!!!!